-
May 1st, 2005, 07:22 PM
#2521
Senior Hostboard Member
It's gameplay is totally awesome! Far too many abilities, options, 5 "races" oh my gosh Pete could tell it beter. Loads of materials, weapons, armor, beautiful scenery, active roleplaying on the maximum! Live-action fighting RPG style, it is indeed very good! I love it already! And that no fees extra is something really awesome.
-
May 1st, 2005, 07:48 PM
#2522
Senior Hostboard Member
Tomorrow a bit longer GW article coming up ^_^ ehm, and I sure you meant classes, Hyper [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 01, 2005 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Hell Knight ]</font>
-
May 1st, 2005, 09:54 PM
#2523
Inactive Member
Oh my! i also started again Grandia II ^^ (PC version...) I guess the only way a PC will run Grandia II properly will be through a Dreamcast Emu LOL
-
May 2nd, 2005, 03:42 PM
#2524
Senior Hostboard Member
Lol I installed some older games too, just for fun, and I was bored with new games. I mean, I loved so many games before, and for the small amount of time I have to play, they're awesomely fine.
-
May 3rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
#2525
HB Forum Owner
I've been at a friend's trying some Xbox games. Reporting in order of appearance, with WiseMarks? for gameplay/visuals/sound from 1 to 5 stars. Sound evaluation might be inaccurate as I haven't had a lot of time to play with them.
Dead or Alive 2 something (the one with the new engine) [3D Fighting]: Awesome visuals and the same Dead or Alive. It's amusing for my graphics bitch, but not really fun to play.
WiseMarks: ★★/★★★★★/★
Doom 3 [FPS]: So I've tried the terribly hyped Doom 3. As I booted up I remembered the old Doom 2 days and got in a mood to like it. But then I was quite disappointed with it. Not only it's fugly and dark, weapons are random crap, enemies are random crap, and scenarios are random dark future can't-see-shit crap, but the graphics are just average for new games, and that's IF you can actually see what the fuck is going on. Max your TV's bright and contrast. I think the compatible PC version of this game must have better textures and special effects (the Xbox is getting old for this kind of thing), because this was so unimpressive. Any interior scene from FarCry mops the floor with Doom 3 (and don't even get me started on FarCry's superb exteriors). And I can think a dozen Xbox games that look much better than this. Problem is, it's John Carmack's. It's Doom. Therefore it has ZOOOOMG BSET GRAPHIX 33VAR!!11 R0X0R OMG LMAO [faints]. Believe the unbiased, uninterested voice: it actually looks like crap. Besides, I found it almost impossible to play with a gamepad, and its framerate leaves much to be desired.
WiseMarks: ★★/★★★/★
Fable [aRPG]: This was something better. Better control, better gameplay, and better graphics, albeit choppy framerates (not much worse than Doom 3).
WiseMarks: ★★★★/★★★★/★★★★
Jade Empire [Adventure]: This was much more interesting. It seems to be a pretty good adventure, with lots of story and a complex game system. Too bad it's noticeable, in some parts, that it was not made by Asians, but Americans (this is not to say they didn't do a great job, but Asians would have done this kind of thing better for cultural reasons); and the American English voices aren't what I like to hear coming from a Chinese monk. This game would have been a little better with Chinese voices. Nice visuals, some slowdown, but definitely looks better than Doom 3, both artistically and technically-wise. Although the voices are totally out of place, the music is nice. Well done, BioWare.
WiseMarks: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★
Otogi 2 [Action]: This game started looking boring and needlessly gory, but at least it was a true Japanese game, and you could see it from the very beginning. Then I saw more of it and got to like the gameplay. Actually, I got to love it. Visually, it's always full of effects here and there. Gameplay-wise, it has a simple but effective combat system, and you can destroy anything, and action never ends. I found this a very pleasurable game to play. I'm impressed to see it's from a small, irrelevant company that goes by the name of "Sega", you know, a small third party developer.
WiseMarks: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★
Halo 2 [FPS]: Now this is some real FPS. Nice. It looked like more of Halo 1 with some improvements in cut-scenes so I didn't play much though and moved onto the next game. Some of these Mexican voices sound funny to Spanish ears.
WiseMarks: ★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★
Ninja Gaiden [Action]: Nice graphics engine and setting, although unimpressive gameplay. I'm amused how do Xbox developers make an extra effort to make games look "Asian", by even throwing some Han characters to the menu system, just exactly because the Xbox lacks Asian contents. There's a Spanish proverb that says: Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack.
WiseMarks: ★★★/★★★★/★★★
NFS Underground 2 [Racing]: Yet another NFS game. Looks nice. Great if you like car tuning, I suppose. I think it was this one which had such terrible music, it was a load of ugly noise.
WiseMarks: ★★★/★★★★/★
Outrun 2 [Racing]: FINALLY sage decides to age and exploit one of its best franchises (although, like always, they botched it at marketing and didn't make it multiplatform - sage!). This game is simple, and the visuals aren't anything special, but it's fun, and that's what Outrun is about. Props for keeping the original Outrun music, I can say Outrun 2 is surely the racing game with the best music since the evils of PCM. Instead of heavy crap, you get real driving music.
WiseMarks: ★★★★/★★★/★★★★
Phantom Dust [3D Fighting]: A bizarre fighting game about spells. Duh. Absolutely uninteresting.
WiseMarks: ★/★★★/★
Amped 2 [Sports]: A realistic snowboarding game. Looks like an ok game.
WiseMarks: ★★/★★/★
SSX 3 [Sports]: A much better snowboarding game. Less realistic but more fun. Slows down like a poorly made PC game. Wait, ...
WiseMarks: ★★★/★★/★
Some DBZ game [3D Fighting]: All DBZ games I seen suck, it must be part of the license. I saw better visuals in ePSXe emulated PSX1 games.
WiseMarks: ★/★/★★
Project Zero 2 [3D Horror]: Yet another survival horror game. Looks good (although I'm not too much into this).
WiseMarks: ★★★/★★★/★★★
Project Gotham Racing 2 [Racing]: Probably the best racing game to date. Two things define the MSR/PGR saga: photorealism, and the best control ever seen in racing games. You get used to it in no time and drive so well. This one has a horde of resources, very good visuals, and Barcelona.
WiseMarks: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★
Unreal 2 [FPS]: Story based, but unimpresive futuristic setting, random crap for enemies (I could care less they are bugs or black dots, they aren't anything to be recognized), yet another FPS (remember this is a PC), and so on. I don't know how can you play these games with gamepads.
WiseMarks: ★★★/★/★★
Soul Calibur 2 [3D Fighting]: I haven't played this today but I'll throw it in for comparison. This is... well, you know, Soul Calibur 2.
WiseMarks: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★★
Overall I liked games like this:
1. Jade Empire [Adventure]: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★
2. Soul Calibur 2 [3D Fighting]: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★★
3. Otogi 2 [Action]: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★
4. Project Gotham Racing 2 [Racing]: ★★★★★/★★★★★/★★★
5. Fable [aRPG]: ★★★★/★★★★/★★★★
6. Halo 2 [FPS]: ★★★★/★★★★★/★★★★
7. Outrun 2 [Racing]: ★★★★/★★★/★★★★
8. Ninja Gaiden [Action]: ★★★/★★★★/★★★
9. Dead or Alive 2 something [3D Fighting]: ★★/★★★★★/★
10. NFS Underground 2 [Racing]: ★★★/★★★★/★
11. Project Zero 2 [3D Horror]: ★★★/★★★/★★★
12. SSX 3 [Sports]: ★★★/★★/★
13. Amped 2 [Sports]: ★★/★★/★
14. Unreal 2 [FPS]: ★★★/★/★★
15. Doom 3 [FPS]: ★★/★★★/★
16. Some DBZ game [3D Fighting]: ★/★/★★
17. Phantom Dust [3D Fighting]: ★/★★★/★
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 03, 2005 02:41 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
May 3rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
#2526
Inactive Member
IRT Wiseman: It's a shame you didn't play the original Halo for the Box, since it beats the crap out of Halo 2, however you may have a hard time finding a lot of people to play multiplayer with it, though.
-
May 4th, 2005, 03:33 PM
#2527
Senior Hostboard Member
I'm waiting for the day when Jade Empire will come out to Pc as well. It's a very cool game
-
May 5th, 2005, 12:05 AM
#2528
Inactive Member
I think I'm going to pick up Pariah soon.
-
May 5th, 2005, 04:16 PM
#2529
Inactive Member
Got to play Magic Pengel seriously today, it's more fun than one would think. If you take you're time, you can draw people in it.
-
May 5th, 2005, 04:43 PM
#2530
Senior Hostboard Member
My attention has moved from Devil May Cry 3 to Resident Evil 4. Im enjoying it greatly, and its easily the best game available to the Gamecube. I just wish it wasnt being ported to the PS2; a bit of exclusivity would have been nice.
Also been playing Guilty Gear X2 Reload online with the PS2 controller. Im glad to say it plays perfectly now, and im now pushing my way up the ranks (currently at #52).
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks